Submission Deadline: August 1st
This $500 award is meant to supplement travel expenses to the annual meetings while furthering the mission of the ABA and the anthropology of people of African descent.
Eligible candidates must be current members of ABA and enrolled in a Ph.D. or Masters Program at the time of the application deadline, and meet one of the following three criteria:
- Giving a paper related to the anthropology of people of African descent;
- Organizing a panel, workshop, or roundtable addressing issues related to people of African descent or;
- Gainfully seeking employment as a scholar, researcher or applied anthropologist interested in fields related to the anthropology of people of African descent.
Candidates must submit a 1,000-word summary of their research project which includes: project statement, summary of preliminary or on-going research in relation to the project, and relevance to the anthropology of people of African descent. Please list any other support they are likely to receive for attendance at the conference.
In addition, candidates must submit at least one of the following three supporting documents:
- Copy of paper abstract and the name of the session;
- Copy of the abstract for organized session and its scheduled date or;
- 250 word statement detailing job search plans at the meeting.
Awardees will be notified by August 15th
Please direct questions to the JBC Student Travel Award Committee: [email protected]